GLOBAL Fluted Knives
With a slight curve or granton to the edge of the blade a fluted knife prevents food from sticking to the blade and results in a much smoother chopping motion. Read our recent blog post that details this particular knife and why you need one!
The Global fluted knife collection is a range Global’s best selling classic knives with the addition of a fluted blade.
The main advantage of a Global fluted blade over a standard Global blade is the extra air space created between knife and food by the fluted indents. This helps reduce adhesion and improves food release, particularly useful when cutting starchy vegetables. Just like classic Global knives the exclusive Global fluted range of knives are made in Japan using Global’s exclusive Cromova18 high carbon stainless steel. Blades are sharpened to an acute 15° cutting edge ensuring that they stay sharper for longer. Their handles are hollow and filled with sand to provide the perfect balance. In addition to looking stunning, the smooth contours and seamless construction prevents dirt and food from building up on the surface, giving greater hygiene.
- Smooth contours and seamless construction eliminate food and dirt traps, offering the ultimate in safety and hygiene
- Prominent quarter-inch edge is visible to the naked eye and ground straight to a point rather than beveled resulting in impressive sharpness and edge retention
- Stainless-steel hollow handles are perfectly balanced to offset the weight of each blade and textured, providing an excellent grip and balance in the hand
- Iconic dots on the knifes handle represent the seven virtues of Bushido from the traditional Japanese Samurai code of honour
- Crafted to professional standards, this knife is lightweight yet perfectly balanced
- Designed for left or right handed use
- The blade is made of the finest stainless steel called CROMOVA 18 (Chromium, Molybdenum and Vanadium), designed exclusively for GLOBAL®
- Made in Japan
- Handwash only
It’s no surprise that these have been the knives of choice for MasterChef Australia for all these years. With a slight curve or granton to the edge of the blade a fluted knife prevents food from sticking to the blade and results in a much smoother chopping motion. The details are in those dimples! Visit the webstore to shop the perfect Globals for you!