Vegetable Stir Fry
This vegetable stir fry by the Sense of Taste Chef School is a blend of colourful veggies cooked in a sweet and savoury honey garlic sauce. It is an easy side dish or main course that’s light, fresh and oh-so delicious! Serve your veggie stir fry over rice for a complete meal. The recipe provided easily serves six people.
Stir Fry is one those dishes that you can play around with – so use vegetables that you already have – if you have chicken add it in. Sesame Oil, Sesame Seeds and Peanuts are all optional.
1. ¼ cup canola oil
2. 1 red bell pepper, cored, seeded, and julienned
3. 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and julienned
4. ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
5. 1 cup small broccoli florets
6. 1 Small eggplant, cut into small chunks
7. 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
8. ½ cup soya sauce
9. 1 teaspoon of honey
10. 2 cups Red Cabbage julienned
11. 1 cup bamboo shoots sliced
12. Oryx Salt and Pepper to season
13. ½ cup mange tout, julienned
14. 1 tablespoon sesame oil (optional)
15. Handful of Sesame Seeds and Chopped Salted peanuts to garnish as you serve
1. Start by preparing and cutting all the vegetables with your GLOBAL vegetable knife. Be sure to measure your ingredients before you start cooking so that they are ready to go. So MISE EN PLACE!!!
2. Once you begin stir-frying, it goes very quickly.
3. In a wok, heat canola oil over high heat until almost smoking.
4. Add the peppers and onion while stirring constantly. While continuing to stir, add
successively the cabbage, broccoli, eggplant, bamboo shoots, garlic, and soya sauce.
5. Cook, stirring, constantly for 2 minutes. Check for seasoning – if needed add a good grind of Oryx Salt and Pepper and cook, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes more.
6. Stir in mange tout and sesame oil and cook for 1 minute
7. Garnish with Sesame Seeds and Peanuts
8. Serve immediately.
You can serve with Steamed Rice or Oriental Noodles or simply enjoy on its own!